Uber, Lyft, and other ridesharing car accidents.
Establishing liability can be challenging in any accident. Car accidents involving a ridesharing vehicle like an Uber or Lyft can be even more difficult. Working with an experienced attorney helps increase your chances of receiving the compensation you are entitled to. At JT Law Firm, our rideshare accident attorneys have the resources in place and the experience needed to fight the at-fault party to hold them accountable.
Your legal goals are what we fight for.
Recovering damages is our goal, and establishing liability against the at-fault party is where our attorneys shine. Our legal team is not afraid to take your case to court. Most cases settle outside of court, but if the at-fault party refuses to play ball, they will be met with formidable strategies and unwavering strength in court. Having tried dozens of legal cases, our team is no stranger to a courtroom.
Rideshare apps utilize regular, untrained drivers. This is where the problem lies.
An issue with ridesharing apps like Uber and Lyft is they use ordinary, everyday drivers to pick up and drop off rideshare customers. Driving on nearly any street in a major city, you’ll notice how you can often encounter reckless, distracted, or even aggressive drivers. Those same drivers qualify to drive you around in a ridesharing app.
Negligence and driver error are common causes of Uber and Lyft-related car accidents.
Since nearly anyone with a license can be a ridesharing driver, it leaves ridesharing customers especially vulnerable to the driving skills of the individual driver.
What to do after an Uber accident?
Car accidents can be terrifying, life-altering, and result in the loss of life. You deserve justice after your car accident.
- Seek medical attention: No matter how minor a car accident may seem, seeking medical attention is always recommended. Head or bodily injuries can often show themselves after the accident and result in additional or more severe injuries if left untreated. Not receiving medical attention after a car accident can even result in the loss of life. The moments shortly after the accident occurs, your body is coursing with adrenaline, which often masks injuries you may have sustained. A medical professional will be able to professionally determine whether your health is at risk.
- Call 911: Make sure to call the police department using the 911 emergency line as soon as you are safely able to do so. Some individuals prefer to settle a car accident without any police presence. This is never recommended, and refusing to have a police officer on the scene can place you and any passengers you have in danger.
- Collect evidence: Safely collect as much evidence as you can. This includes vehicle information from the other driver, such as their license plate. If you can record a video of the entire scene, this may make it easier for authorities and an attorney to help you later on.
- Speak with an attorney: After a car accident, the insurance company will employ its tactics to try and control the situation. It’s important you speak with an attorney before speaking with the insurance company. Your Uber accident attorney is trained and experienced in handling cases like yours. Attorney’s also know how to communicate with insurance companies and not fall prey to the deceitful tactics they often use.
What kinds of damages are usually paid out in a Lyft or Uber accident?
For victims injured in an accident.
Following a Lyft or Uber accident, victims typically receive compensation for the following:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation services
- Medical equipment
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Accessibility accommodations
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning potential
What happens if you lost a loved one due to an Uber accident?
Financial damages expected after a wrongful death case due to a Lyft or Uber accident may include the following:
- Funeral service and burial costs
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of parental guidance (for the children of the deceased)
- Pain and suffering
Compensation for wrongful death cases may be available for the spouse of the deceased and any surviving members.
Speak with an Uber car accident lawyer today
Uber accidents and other ridesharing accidents can be devasting. Ridesharing platforms have legal departments working for them. You should have JT Law Firm working for you.